This episode is sponsored by www.k2tog.com.au - Albury NSW based online store
**Recorded Saturday 15th March**
Appologies for the gap between episodes – hoping to return to fortnightly recording now :D
- “Gathering Stripes” by Veera Valimaki in “Dream in Color Perfectly Posh Singly Ply” (February Dream Club Colourway) – using 5mm needles instead of 4mm as suggested. This yarn is recorded as a fingering weight on ravelry, but I am treating it as a sport weight.
- “Daybreak” by Stephen West in “Manos Del Uruguay Fino” (Sealing Wax), stripes in “Schoppel-Wolle Zauberball 100” (Kunterbunt)
- Self Striping Socks for my boy, Calvin – using “Fish Lips Kiss Heel” and yarn by “Happy Go Knitty” in orange, purple and blues.
- Geek-a-long double knitting squares – First square I have done is the caffeine molecule, and next one I am doing is the ninja turtles
- EventAerialUnwind – now I have a sweater weight worth of worsted yarn!!
- Tardis Socks in “Dream in Color Everlasting Sock” (Tranquil) – used a few different patterns on ravelry, combined them since I wasn't completely happy with any of the patterns – I might end up writing it up. Awarded: EventSock, EventColorwork
- “Owlet” by Kate Davis in Cascade 128 Superwash (Amethyst Heather) Awarded: EventSweater, EventJunior, EventCable
- Dash Socks – Self striping yarn by OnLine! in a colourway that reminds me of Rainbow Dash – i'll be entering them in a geeky sock comp :D Awarded: EventWIP
- 'Noro Sunburst Throw' - “Sunny Spread” by Ellen Gormley in “Noro Silk Garden Sock” and “Bendigo Woollen Mills Baby Wool”
- “Compulsion” by ThreeBagsFulled in leftover Cascade 220 Superwash
- Yarn Weight discussion
UK, AU, NZ Term
1ply, 2ply, 3ply
DK (Double Knitting)
Aran / Worsted
Yarn Review: Manos Del Uruguay Fino
- Donated by www.k2tog.com.au – based in Aubury NSW – each skein is $32.50
- Fingering Weight, single ply construction
- Each skein is ~450m (490yards)
- Kettle Dyed – creates a marbleized, subtly striated effect that forms a rich palette of glorious colours
- 70% Merino 30% Silk – super soft and squidgy!!
- Fair Trade Product – Manos Del Uruguay means 'The hands of Uruguay' – non profit organization which assembles women in cooperatives scattered throughout the countryside of Uruguay
- No dye lots – recommended to knit 2 rows from 1 skein then 2 from another to give an overall blended effect
- Hand wash – could be used for a felted project
- Giveaway over at ravelry group – colourway 'watered silk' – answer question from podcast to enter
- Dreamworks cards from Woolworths – my kids are LOVING these
- Kopparberg Elderflower & Lime Cider
- Chemo Caps – a podcast member is collecting for Lukemia Foundation Brisbane
- Walk in her shoes challenge – 17-23 March
- 17-23 March
- CARE is organising this to support women who spend their lives WALKING for food, water and firewood – denying them of their basic right to gain an education or work, breaking the poverty cycle!
- Also encourages us to get active!!
- Can buy a pack from The Body Shop for $10 which includes a pedometer and a makeover!!
- I will be walking 25km – please jump on over to my site and support me!!
- Not much!! Been too sick!!
- I will be going to the Stitches and Craft Show on Thursday!! It is in Brisbane 20-23 March from 10:00-4:30 each day - $16 entry
- Stitches and Craft Show will be in Newcastle (11-14 September) and Melbourne (23-26 October)
- Australasian Quilt Convention is coming up in Melbourne – 10-13 April
New Competition – KAL!!
- KAL starting NOW and finishing May 31st
- Knit with Australian/New Zealand Yarn
- Please contact me if you would like to offer a prize for this KAL
- Jump on over to the ravelry thread to join in the fun!!
- Start knitting Chemo Caps to support the Lukemia Foundation in Brisbane – check out this thread – there will be prizes!!!