Here is the first episode of the Krafty Mumma Podcast - a podcast for Australian and New Zealand lovers of yarn and all things crafty!!!
- This is the first episode!!
- I'm a Brisbane mother of 2 kids (Mr 4 and Miss 2), 2 Cavallier King Charles Spaniels and 3 chooks!!
- I've knitted as long as i can remember and been crocheting for about 10 years
- I run a very small business doing alterations and sewing special orders
- Surfin' The Pink Wave
- Noro Sunburst Throw
- Pythagoras Meets Fibonacci - my own design - i will be calling for test knitters in March
- Lots and lots of beanies!!! For the Podcaster Throwdown. Swirly Halo by The Crochet Zombie mentioned.
- 'Cables for Calvin' - pattern Fraser by Katya Frankel in Baby Alpaca DK by Shibui
- Peace Street Hat
- Tardis Hat in Cascade 220 (Colour: Cobolt Heather) - pattern Police Box Slouch Hat by CiD Hanscom
- I've knitting 2 of the Wattsolak 'Howard' sausage doggie softies
- Check out the Getting Started Guide
- My username is KraftyMumma
- The podcast group is Krafty Mumma Podcast
- Talked about stash, library, patterns
- My coffee mug - brand - Natural Life
- Self striping yarn and slightly unusual vanilla socks e.g. Fruit Stripe Gum Socks and Vanilla Bean
- My 4 year old boy has started hand sewing!! He's been using felt shapes with holes. I found some great $5 kits at Riot that were perfect.
- Also been playing with felt shaped stickers - i got a $5 kit from Riot that had awesome owls, trees, branches, stars and moons!!
Review: The Beekeeper's Quilt
- The Beekeeper's Quilt by Tiny Owl Knits
- US$5.50 on ravelry (~AU$6.50)
- Extremely well written pattern with photos for every step
- Great carry along project
- Might set up a swap if there is enough interest?!!!
- Giveaway on ravelry - answer the question on the podcast
Review: The 'Abigail' Bag
- The Abigail Bag by Chris W Designs
- Can buy hardware kit for US$12.95 - postage is about $1
- Prices in US, but she is actually based on the North NSW Coast
- Huge pattern - 108 colour pages plus a condensed text only version - fantastic instructions with no ambiguity!!
- Finished size of bag = 41cm x 18cm x 11.5cm
- Definitely an advanced pattern - recommend it to not be your first bag you've made (unless you are crazy like me and love a huge challenge!!!)
- Heaps of storage areas - love the two slip pockets at the front and back where i can fit my ipad mini at the front and a nappy and wipes at the back
- Can fit an iphone in the side pockets
- Use code jan20off to get 20% off any Chris W Designs patterns until the end of January!!
- Go to facebook to answer the question from the podcast to win a pattern!!